so…i’m not going to live in the dorm anymore.
and then i remembered that my sister gave her rice cooker to me.
so, i googled and typed the keywords: make meals ricecooker
hey, i can actually cook cornbeef on top of cooked rice while it’s warming up, you know.
now, i’m researching other methods to make whole meals in my ricecooker.
by the way, i’m still not sure on how the ricecooker works so pray for me….
then it hit me again.*realization*
CRISIS ang BUGAS!!!
Rice Cooker Oatmeal
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups old fashioned oats, not quick cooking
- 2 cups apple juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup raisins
Spray rice cooker pan rack with nonstick cooking spray.. Add all ingredients and salt to taste. Cover and cook stand 10 minutes more before serving. about 20 minutes, or until rice cooker shuts off, stirring once during cooking. Cover and let
This recipe serves 4 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 4 only.
Per serving: calories 203, fat 1.9g, 8% calories from
fat, cholesterol 0mg, protein 5.6g, carbohydrates 43.5g, fiber 3.5g,
sugar 24.6g, sodium 8mg, diet points 4.0.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.0, Fruit: 1.7, Bread: 1.2, Lean meat: 0.0, Fat: 0.0, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
Recipe: Ricecooker Banana Cake
75 grams butter (バター）
2/3 cup of sugar (砂糖)
3/4 tsp of lemon zest
1 egg (卵)
2-3 bananas, the riper the better (バナナ)
1 3/4 cups of plain flour
2 1/4 tsp of baking powder (ベーキングパウダー)
1/2 tsp salt (塩)
the butter and cream together with sugar, egg, bananas and lemon zest
using an electric mixer (about 1000yen from your local electronics
store, or try the recycle shop.)
- Gradually add the dry ingredients while continuing to stir the batter.
- Transfer the mixture to the ricecooker bowl if you weren’t using it as the mixing bowl.
worry too much about smoothing down the top, it will level out by
itself as it cooks. The finished batter should look something like this:
the start button and go enjoy yourself. When the ricecooker switches
into ‘warming’ mode or turns off open the lid and check on the progress
of your cake. The original recipe says one cycle will be enough, but in
my experience the cake really needs two. If it’s still runny, just
close the lid and press start again.
the cake is done (test with a skewer or chopstick, if it comes out
clean you’re good to go) turn out onto a plate and eat a slice with a
warm milky coffee. I always enjoy the cake better cold, as the flavor
really improves overnight.
- rice cooker
A rice cooker works by bringing the liquid to a boil very quickly. This
happens because the cooker environment is sealed, reducing the air
pressure over the liquid, so the liquid boils faster. Then, a
temperature sensor monitors the heat inside the cooker. When it starts
to rise above 212 degrees F (the boiling point of water), that means
that the rice has absorbed all the liquid, and it switches to a ‘warm’
setting. Follow the instructions that come with your rice cooker. For most
cookers, combine 1-1/2 to 2 cups of liquid with 1 cup of rice. The
smaller amount is for separate, drier grains of rice. The larger amount
results in rice that is stickier. Most rice cookers can keep the cooked
rice warm for hours without burning.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 8oz. can of tomato sauce or one cup of your favorite jarred spaghetti sauce
- 2 Italian sausages (you pick the flavor!), casings removed, crumbled, cooked and drained
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning (you may want to modify if you use jarred spaghetti sauce)
- 2 cups uncooked penne or rigatoni pasta (I used penne)
- Grated parmesan or romano cheese for topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the rice cooker and stir once.
- Close the lid and turn the cooker on.
- When cooker turns off, stir and serve.
Rice Cooker Chicken Soup Recipe
- 32 oz. Carton Chicken Broth
- 1 small can Chicken Breast Chunks
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup Baby Carrots
- 3 oz, Acini Di Pepe Pasta
- Add all ingredients to rice cooker
- Simmer 15-20 minutes till pasta is tender